Monday, October 25, 2010

Now we're cooking!

Today was time to get started using the Thermomix. First the day involved preparing a shopping list plus a basic meal plan and then a trip to the shops. I thought I would be heading home with nothing as I almost left after dealing with a major tantrum early in the shopping trip but fortunately Jake's mood improved an we were able to finish the shopping.

Yesterday I cooked custard with the Themomix consultant's guidance but today I was on my own. I decided to cook muffins so I used the recipe in the Everyday Cooking cookbook although I made some minor variations.
Just chucked all ingredients for muffins in except the choc-chips.

The finished mixture after processing and mixing in choc-chips.

The finished product - Banana & Choc Chip muffins.

Gets the tick of approval from Jake.


Next I needed to make some stock concentrate. I once again used the recipe in the Everyday Cooking cookbook with a couple of changes as I didn't have everything listed.

Making up stock concentrate - before processing

After processing
Once the stock was made it was then time to make the Risotto. I based it on the Mushroom risotto recipe in the Everyday Cooking cookbook but as Andrew doesn't like mushroom I used sundried tomato and broccoli instead. It turned out well but was a little salty so possible too much stock concentrate added.
Tonight's dinner - Sundried tomato, broccoli and baby spinach risotto.

I forgot to take a photo but I also whipped up some chocolate custard to take around to Andrew's parents place as we were visiting after dinner. 

So overall a very productive day food wise. I'm already feeling pretty comfortable using the machine. Next step is to try something using the Varoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment