Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thermomix Apple Pie

Today I made an Apple Pie using the Thermomix. Earlier this year I made on for the first time the old fashioned way which involved rubbing butter and flour together to make the 'breadcrumbs' for the pastry. I ended up with sore hands from it (yeah I know, boo hoo). Anyway, today it was so much easier! I just put the flour and butter in then mixed 10 seconds on speed 6... yay, no sore hands!


I will share the recipe I used as I had to google to find one but modified it so here is my version:


Apple Pie

Short crust pastry

Ingredients

300g Plain Flour
150g Butter, chilled and cut in pieces
pinch of salt
75-80g Water

Method

Place flour, butter and salt in TM and mix for 10 seconds on speed 6 or until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
Add water and kneed for 20 seconds on Interval speed.
Empty mixture on to floured surface (or ThermoMat) and kneed lightly.
Put in refrigerator while preparing apple filling.


Apple filling

Ingredients

Approx 1kg of Apples, peeled, cored and cut into quarters.
1 - 2 tsp All spice
80g Sugar
Juice of 1 lemon

Place apple in TM bowl and chop roughly for 10 seconds on speed 6
Add rest of the ingredients and mix for 30 seconds on Reverse Speed 1.

Assemble Pie

Divide pasty into two pieces. Roll the first half flat and fit into a 25cm pie pan.
Pour the apple mixture into the pie base.
Cover the top of the pie with strips of pastry. Brush top with milk.

Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Made this today - a big hit with everyone at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, when you add water to the flour mixture, do you use knead function?

    ReplyDelete